Simple Ways to Save
Everyone knows weddings are expensive - but there are ways to cut costs without taking away from your overall vision for your perfect day.
- Use more greenery than flowers.
- Buy flowers that are in season.
- Stick to just one or two kinds of flowers instead of a large variety.
- Nix the flowers entirely in your decor! There are many creative options you can go with instead - vases filled with sand or floating candles, tree branches, etc.
- Fake the cake. Use styrofoam tiers for the display cake and serve sheet cake to your guests.
- Keep cake decoration simple; the more intricate the design, the more expensive.
- Use fresh flowers instead of sugar flowers.
- Skip the exotic cake fillings.
STATIONARY & FAVORS
- Lighter invitations will save on postage.
- Give one favor per couple/family.
- E-mail your save-the-dates.
- Have favors double as escort cards.
- Have bigger tables so there are fewer centerpieces and tablecloths.
- Have your wedding in the off-season.
- Hold your ceremony and reception in one spot; it will cut travel time for any vendors you pay by the hour.
- Consider an early morning ceremony and brunch reception, they tend to cost less than those held in the evening.
- Cut the guest list.
FOOD & DRINK
- Skip the main course. Especially if you have a reception early in the day, a large meal is not necessary, and you'll be fine with drinks and appetizers.
- Offer beer, wine, and a signature cocktail instead of a full bar.
- Try a buffet or family-style dinner.